So my lovely friend Dana came down from New Jersey to visit me in DC and we made these scrumptious S'mores-stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Just picture a pile of warm, gooey, chocolatey goodness. They are super easy to make, yet the results are beyond amazing. Plus you get the best of both worlds, s'mores and a chocolate chip cookie. I feel like these would be amazing to take on a camping trip and warm up by the fire. Yumm!
I originally got this recipe from the Picky Palate blog and it turned out great.
- 2 sticks softened Butter
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 Cup packed Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- 3 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Cups Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- 24 Graham Cracker quarters
- 3 Hershey Bars, broken into rows of 3 bars
- 12 Stacker Marshmallows
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment or a silpat liner.
2. In a stand or electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and continue to beat until well combined.
3. Place flour, salt and baking soda into a bowl; mix to combine then add slowly to wet ingredients along with the chocolate chips.
4. Layer a graham cracker quarter with 3 Hershey chocolate squares and 1 marshmallow stacker (These are so awesome! Someone finally figured out that it would be easier to make flat marshmallows for s'mores. Genius).
5. Close with another graham cracker.
6. Top s’mores with a large scoop of cookie dough.
7. Place in hands and place another large scoop on bottom then front and back sides as needed. Form dough around s’mores. This will be massive so don''t freak out!
8. Place large cookies onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 15-17 minutes or until edges are golden and centers are cooked through. Let cool for 10 minutes before transferring to cooling rack or serving plate.
Makes 12 large stuffed cookies.
Side Note: be sure to make these with friends and have a good time with it. My friend Dan was also helping us make them and was the best part of the whole process. Between forming pieces that were falling apart everywhere
and nearly catching himself on fire!
it was quite fun. needless to say!